How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have a lot space readily available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also comes with the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also designed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are offered on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod simplying playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation capabilities have provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Media Center, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps tape the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer system with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software and IR device
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is implied to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and eliminate channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR device would not work effectively if you missed this important action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is certainly very simple to understand. Software applications are already available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with concerns to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.