How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Different firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals utilize iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest innovation capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any house electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely put, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are required before beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hack’s job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is suggested to extend the series of the Pocket PC to consist of consumer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you want to control.
You can observe if you have tape-recorded the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not work properly if you missed this important action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is clearly really easy to understand. Softwares are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really risky with regard to its impacts on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.