How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space readily available of approximately forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about five thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause, and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been modified by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in terms of customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some individuals use iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any house electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial component in this iPod hack’s job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is suggested to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not function correctly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for push-button control any house electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to comprehend. Software applications are already offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really risky with concerns to its results on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is wrong.