How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music lovers and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can save up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, pause and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to introduce randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in terms of software or hardware. Numerous firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people use iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have actually offered a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic equipment in your home. It can manage your TV, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial element in this iPod hacks project is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the home electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear strange beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals of a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (actually saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely simple to understand. Software applications are already available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, really dangerous with concerns to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by a professional technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the adjustment is not right.