How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much area offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can save up to about five thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel where you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a way that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on providing more power to the user regarding personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in terms of software application or hardware. Numerous firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks due to the fact that they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology abilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your home. It can manage your TV, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can use a Pocket PC to potentially record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TV channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are required before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hacks job is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the overall remote software on the MAC or PC. This software is indicated to extend the range of the Pocket PC to include consumer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have taped the sound efficiently if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is essentially what an infrared signal would seem like. Using the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The procedure through the IR gadget would not operate correctly if you missed this crucial action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously really easy to comprehend. Softwares are currently available that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very dangerous in regard to its effects on your iPod gadget. Unless handled by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.