How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod have so much area offered of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically designed Click Wheel wherein you can do quickly forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a method that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on providing more power to the user in terms of modification and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that provides modifications to your iPod in terms of appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Different firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web sites like the iPodWizard that can changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod simplying playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks because they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Simply put, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and begin changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are needed prior to starting this example task of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Desktop Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. A total remote software application and IR gadget
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a remote control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most crucial aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and get rid of channels. An example of such sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to control.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is basically what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can actually see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not function correctly if you missed this essential action.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really saved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can test the new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously extremely simple to understand. Softwares are currently offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, extremely risky with regards to its results on your iPod device. Unless managed by an expert technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not right.