How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod could not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out, and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise created in such a way that you would have the ability to establish your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user regarding modification and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that gives modifications to your iPod in regards to look, either in regards to software or hardware. Various firmwares that supplies iPod hacks, are readily available on the Web websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of altering the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks because they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest technology capabilities have actually provided a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to manage any house electronic devices in your house. It can control your tv, DVD player, Media Center, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly tape-record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a brand-new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application set up.
3. A Pocket PC, could be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential element in this iPod hack’s job is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the total remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR abilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and get rid of channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remote’s to the PC by using the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you desire to manage.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound successfully if you’ll hear odd beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can in fact view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR device would not work correctly if you missed this crucial step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for push-button control any home electronic devices.
This standard example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is wrong.