Sony to Live Broadcast Press Conference Officially for the First Time, Giving Away E3 PassesBy Alex Co | May 29, 2011 | News | No comments | Share
If you can’t be at E3, why not watch it from the comfort of your own home? That’s what Sony’s aiming for at least with their press conference.
For the first time ever, Sony will be streaming their press conference live on the Official PlayStation Blog.
Not only that, but they’re setting up a mini-studio in the PlayStation booth where they will be interviewing developers from the show floor for interviews, game demos and to answer questions via a built-in chat module that will be available on Sony’s site.
That’s not all Sony will be doing for their fans, the electronics giant will also be giving away over one hundred 3-day passes to E3! Guests will be able to visit Sony’s booth and get their mitts on Sony’s upcoming games, and have a go at the NGP.
If you want to go you need to be near or be in South California;for the obvious reason that E3 will take place there. Other than that, you have to take a PlayStation-related quiz!
A few things to note before entering:
- E3 takes place from June 7-9th at the Los Angeles Convention Center, so you’ll obviously need to be in SoCal during that time to attend. Don’t bother taking the quiz if you won’t be there!
- You must be 18 or older to attend E3 – that’s their rule! Your ID will be checked when you go to pick up your badge, so if you’re under 18… don’t bother taking the quiz!
- E3 badges are non-transferable, so if you’re not sure if you’re going to be able to attend… don’t bother taking the quiz!
- The information we’re asking for (name & email address only) is required for all attendees by the ESA, who run the E3 Expo. We won’t ask for any additional info!
- We’ll grade quizzes and select winners by late next week, and contact winners via email with information on how to pick up your passes.
If you qualify for all that, you can take the quiz and hope that you’re picked to enter Sony’s E3 Promised Land.
E3 will commence next week from June 6 to June 9.