Star Wars: The Old Republic Hits the RoadBy Ajané Celestin-Greer | May 20, 2011 | News | No comments | Share
Bioware’s highly anticipated Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game (MMORPG) Star Wars: The Old Republic will be appearing at quite a few events around the world in 2011. If able to brave the inevitability of long lines (some people logged around 8 hours waiting to play at previous events) gamers will be able to play the beta and chat with developers at the events. Here is a quick list of events and dates:
- Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3): June 7-9. Held in Los Angeles, California, USA.
- San Diego Comic Con: July 21-24. Held in San Diego, California, USA.
- Gamescom: August 17-21. Held in Cologne, Germany.
- Penny Arcade Expo (PAX Prime): August 26-28. Held in Seattle, Washington, USA.
- Eurogamer Expo: September 22-25. Held in London, England.
- New York Comic Con: October 13-16. Held in Manhattan, New York, USA.
- Paris Games Week: October October 21-25. Held in Paris, France.
- Dreamhack: November 24-27. Held in Jönköping, Sweden.
On their website, Bioware noted that more information will be disclosed at E3 on the game (of course) and told fans that their community page would be updated periodically with more information on each event.
Since the tour dates go so far into 2011, the latest rumors on the ever-speculated release date are now that The Old Republic will not release until 2012. This view, however, has met with some opposition, because of the fact that Bioware could also just release the game and keep touring to promote it. Needless to say, this new information has sparked a whole new interest in pinning down that ever elusive release date, and gamers’ predictions right now go anywhere from Summer 2011 to Early Winter 2012. At the very least, we known that the gap of speculated dates is closing and we can expect to hear some new information at E3. Or possibly even a release date. We can dream, right?