Starcraft II Receives 1.3.3 PatchBy Tom Yeates | May 11, 2011 | News | No comments | Share
Blizzard’s popular (and also ridiculously good) RTS, Starcraft II received an update today, addressing small issues and providing a couple of balance tweaks.
Protoss Archon units have been re-classified under the “Massive” category and they have been given a slight range increase. They have also seen an increase to Warp Gate research time. To compensate for this, Sentry build time has been decreased and there have been no changes to other Gateway unit build times. Protoss players also have to contend with the fact that the power radius of Pylon’s has been decreased slightly.
Zerg Infestor’s movement speed has been slowed ever-so-slightly and Terran Ghosts have had their mineral and gas costs changed.
For those of you who want the full notes, or simply those who don’t believe me, here are the full details:
- The default hotkey to toggle in-game music on/off has been reverted to its hotkey prior to Patch 1.3.0. The hotkey to display APM in the observer stat panel has been changed as a result.
- Archon – Now a massive unit; range increased from 2 to 3.
- Cybernetics Core – Research Warp Gate time increased from 140 to 160.
- Gateway – Sentry train time decreased from 42 to 37; Warp Gate unit train times remain unchanged.
- Pylon power radius has been decreased from 7.5 to 6.5.
- Bunker – Salvage resource return reduced from 100 per cent to 75 per cent.
- Ghost – Cost changed from 150/150 to 200/100.
- Thor – Thor now has 200 max energy, and starts with 50 energy; 250mm Strike Cannons now cost 150 energy to use (cooldown removed).
- Infestor – Speed decreased from 2.5 to 2.25.
- Spore Crawler – Root time decreased from 12 to 6.
- Fixed an issue where Ghosts could not quickly EMP the same location.
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to stack air units when issuing a queued stop command before the units reached the end of their patrol point.
- Fixed an issue where unplugging your USB headset while another player was talking to you could cause a crash.
- Fixed an issue where the APM statistic could be artificially increased.
- Fixed an issue where 3D unit portraits were not animating smoothly at slow game speeds.
- Fixed an issue where, when viewing a replay, no text message was displayed when a player left a game.
- The Taiwanese hotkey to display/hide the game UI while in Observer mode now works correctly.