The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Version 2.0 Detailed (with Trailer!)By Ajané Celestin-Greer | August 17, 2011 | News | No comments | Share
Details for the PC version of The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings 2.0 have been announced at gamescom.
The developers are claiming it is the most enhanced and improved version to date. Here are the new features listed out for you:
- Brand new tutorial system to ease players into the game while still being immersed.
- 20 new tech enhancements.
- Dark mode. Geralt gets a hood and dresses in all black! Yes, really, but it’s more than that. Slightly easier than Insane but it will allow players to save the game and introduce some new items called “Dark items”. There is a prize for beating the game on this difficulty.
- Arena mode. Arena mode is a new gladiator type arcade mode in which players can test their skills on multiple enemies and gain more XP and better gear. You will also be able to post your scores on Facebook and send the scores to the developer so you can compete with your friends.
- All patches and 9 DLC packs come with it.
Most importantly, the update will be completely free for PC users who bought the original. I have to hand it to CD Projekt Red – they made a high quality, challenging game, supported it quickly and efficiently and didn’t charge a dime more for it. They are a rare developer in a time where carbon copy sequels are churned out every year.
And I’m really glad I held off playing The Witcher 2! The developers suggest players replay the game to get the full effect. The developer diary here showcases the new Dark mode and the Arena mode, so be sure to check it out – it’s awesome.
The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings PC version 2.0 will be released on September 29th. The Xbox 360 version of is scheduled for Q1 2012 and will also include the 2.0 version.