Update: BF3 Strategy Guide Revealed, BF3 Novel ConfirmedBy Alex Co | July 23, 2011 | News | 5 comments | Share
Update: Clarified that the strategy guide and Andy Mcnab novel are two different things. Thanks again, VP2008!
Remember when we told you that a Battlefield 3 book was spotted? It looks like we now have details on what the book will be. Courtesy of Amazon, who has also revealed that there will be an upcoming Battlefield 3 strategy guide that covers both single-player and multiplayer titled: Battlefield 3 Collector’s Edition: Prima Official Game Guide and will be in a hardcover sleeve.
The strategy guide will contain the following (via the product description):
- *Interviews with key personnel at EA DICE, a behind the scenes look at the development of the game and an art/concept art gallery!
- *Also includes a Battlefield 3 novel excerpt written by a famous bestselling military novelist and ex-SAS member. He is also consulting on the development of the game.
- *Expert in depth walkthroughs for every campaign mission.
- *Detailed maps for both single and multiplayer modes.
- *Complete breakdown for every weapon, vehicle, and piece of equipment.
- *All multiplayer modes covered with key strategies straight from the pros working directly with the development team.
The big news here is the second bullet-point says that an excerpt from the Battlefield 3 novel will be included in the game. It also says that it’s written by a best-selling military novelist and ex-SAS member. Yep, that’s Andy McNab if I’m not mistaken. It’s also confirmed that he is working as a consultant on the game.
So, that means there are two Battlefield 3 reading materials coming out on October 25. The strategy guide, which is listed to be at 448 pages long and will cost $39.99 – and the Andy McNab novel which is listed at 400 pages and will retail for $9.99!
Are you planning on getting the strategy guide along with your purchase? It has multiplayer tips straight from the development team at DICE, that could help those who are not comfortable stepping into the battlefield right away, no?
What about the book? We still have no idea how what ties it has with Battlefield 3, we’ll keep you updated as we know more.
Thanks for the tip, VP2008!